Are you looking for a new adventure? Or looking for a new place to work with some of the sweetest goats around? Check out this job---it might be just the new challenge you're looking for!
Bedford Blueberry Goat Farm, a young, Grade A, goat micro-dairy located in Bedford, MA, is looking for one full time person (or two part time people) to take on an integral role at the Farm. We are currently milking 7 does, pasteurizing and bottling milk, making kefir, and making both a fresh and hard cheese. We sell directly to some local markets and also attend local Farmer’s Markets. We are looking for an organized, detail oriented person with a positive, can-do attitude who is flexible and either has some goat (or other farm animal) handling experience or is passionate to learn about it. Some dairy/cheesemaking experience would be helpful as well. This is an evolving position offering full time hours to someone (or part time hours to two people) able to work independently, wear many hats and wants to help a small farm business continue to grow and develop. This is a great role for someone who is interested in starting their own dairy farm and wants to get some more experience before doing so. Some retail/sales experience would be helpful in this role, as this person is doing much of the product distribution and direct sales to consumers. This person (or these people) will be the main face(s) of this dairy, as it is the only full time position (or primary part time positions) on the farm.
- Available to work 35-40 hours/week (or 18-22 hours/week)
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Excellent interpersonal; communication skills
- Comfortable handling goats (and/or other large animals)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to uphold strict cleanliness/sanitation standards
- Organized and efficient
- Positive attitude
- Strong customer service skills
- Some cheesemaking/dairy/culinary experience
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
If you are interested in this position please send an email to email@example.com expressing your interest. Please include a current resume. Hope to hear from you soon!